{Project Run & Play} Watercolor Beach - Ripley Swimsuit



Kicking off July with another swimsuit!!  We practically live at the pool in the summer so it's nice to give the girls a variety of swimwear options.  It's quickly become one of my favorite things to sew too!  

When I first saw the line drawings for Project Watercolor Beach for Project Run & Play, the Ripley Swimsuit (by Bubby and Me Creations) was at the top of my list!  (I'm pretty sure I bugged Audrey about it weekly...lol)  I'm happy to say the pattern is finally ready for purchase and I had a lot of fun sewing it up!!


Ripley is a one-piece suit with cross-over bodice, deep v-neckline and optional ruffle.  It covers sizes 1-10!  The instructions are easy to follow and the suit is fully lined with all seams enclosed.


The top of the swimsuit is finished with binding and 1/4" elastic.  I found it a little easier to add the elastic after I basted the swim binding piece on.  It gave me a little something extra to hold onto while stretching the elastic to fit.  I also recommend dabbing fabric or tacky glue on the back when you wrap your binding to the back.  It really helped hold it in place!


I've had this pineapple fabric patiently waiting to be cut.  I finally sourced some solid yellow swim that was perfect for the little ruffles.  I was able to get a size 7 height out of a half-yard cut which isn't always easy to do with a one-piece! 

If you haven't gotten your copy yet, grab it HERE!!


1 comment on "{Project Run & Play} Watercolor Beach - Ripley Swimsuit"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature