{Sew Coordinated} Special Edition: Linen & Lace


I have been keeping a secret.... and I'm so glad I can finally share!

{Warning: This post is loaded with pictures.  There was just too much gorgeousness to not share.}

Sew Coordinated is offering a Limited Edition "Linen & Lace" Sewing Kit!  This special package has been a year in the making and it contains  gorgeous Robert Kaufman fabric (Essex Linen and Raw & Refined), several yards of lace and three different types of embellishments.

 {But you seriously need to hurry because quantities are limited UPDATE: There is currently a waiting list as the kit is sold out.}



{Package Contents}



{Bella's Dress - Simple Life Pattern Co.}



I've been eyeing the Bella Dress by Simple Life Pattern Co. since its release, but just never took the plunge in buying it.  When I had the opportunity to pick a pattern to showcase this Linen and Lace edition for Sew Coordinated, I knew this one would be perfect.


There are 3 strap options - straight, angled or combination.  I decided the combination straps had that extra wow factor.  The fit of the bodice is amazing.  I mixed size 2 width with a size 4 length for a custom fit (*per my child's measurements).


Because I was using a lace overlay, I chose the simple skirt option (as opposed to the ruffle option) and simply gathered my lace and underskirt separately.  The lace overlay was wider as I used the full two yard cut for maximum twirl.


I used the leftover lace border (from the Adelaide Dress, shown next) as a sash and attached it along the bottom of the front bodice and up the side seams.  Then, I simply tied the lace into a bow in the back.  To adorn the sash, I used 3 of the Pearl Organza Flowers.  I attached the remaining flower to skinny elastic for a super quick, but matching headband.

{Adelaide Dress by Violette Field Threads}


As I was searching for inspiration for this collection, I came across one of the newest releases for Violette Field Threads, the Adelaide Dress.  Immediately, I had the idea to use the lace border on the bottom band and bring the contrast upward by using the Raw & Refined for the collar and back tie.


This back is simply stunning.  There are no other words to describe it.


I used the cap sleeves, but added a pleat and trimmed them with bias-cut binding (Kaufman Raw & Refined -white) so I could feature the little gold and white bow buttons.  
{Note: My daughter has very slim arms -- the pleat may not work for everyone.}


The pearl cluster is perfect as a hair accessory.  I hand-stitched it onto cream fold-over elastic.  


I always aim to match my pattern across the seamline.  My matching skills know no bounds!

{Elise Dress by Little Lizard King}


I couldn't help but make a doll-sized dress to match the rose Bella dress. The Elise Dress by Little Lizard King is not an exact match, but it was close enough.  I used the sequin lace overlay, along with the scraps of the Essex Linen in Rose for the skirt and the Raw & Refined in white for the bodice.  I had to lengthen the bodice because I had a limited amount of linen left.  I styled it with the headband (from above) wrapped around her waist and a pearl necklace.

But, shhh.... my daughter has no idea that I played dress up with her doll while she was at school ;)


To order your own limited edition Linen & Lace Sew Coordinated Kit -- $60 shipped*
Click HERE*
{Kit is SOLD OUT - but there is a waiting list}

{Click on "Message" and add your information to place your order}

*International ladies, please message Sew Coordinated for shipping costs*




6 comments on "{Sew Coordinated} Special Edition: Linen & Lace"
  1. These outfits are stunning!! Amazing job Kari!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura so much!!! There will be many more Bella's!!

      Delete
  2. Where can i by the lace border ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little girls white and lace frock is very beautiful. The charming color is impressive. Thank you to make the outfit stunning for baby girls.
    mehndi dresses

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature