~ Pattern by Little Lizard King ~
I just couldn't resist!! One of my favorite things to do is to hack patterns -- not because I don't love the original patterns because I do! Sometimes though, inspiration strikes (like on the way to my daughter's school) and I just have to make it happen.
Pattern: The Perfect Ten Knit Top by Little Lizard King
Sizes: 12m - Girls 14
Features: 6 bodice options and 4 sleeve options plus 5 sleeve lengths, 2 hem options and 2 neckband binding options
Despite the million (or so) ways to personalize this awesome pattern, I have found yet another option and it's way too easy not to share!
- Visit my Colorblocking Tutorial for the Perfect Ten Knit Top and follow steps 1-3, making sure you are using the regular hemline option for your original pattern piece.
- Now you should have your "New Top Bodice" cut from your fabric.
- In Step 4, cut out the "New Bottom Bodice" for the pattern piece only. DO NOT cut your fabric yet!
- We are going to double the width of the "New Bottom Bodice".
- Fold your fabric in half (stretch is cross-grain), and then take the folded edge and fold it again (stretch is still cross-grain), but do not make the second fold any wider than your pattern piece.
- Cutting the bottom 2 layers of your double-folded fabric only, cut out your "New Bottom Bodice". The original fold should be just under the right hand edge of your pattern piece and will NOT be cut.
- Take your "New Bottom Bodice" (that is now double the original width) and run a gathering stitch along the top edge.
- Gather to fit the bottom edge of the "New Top Bodice".
- Attach the gathered bottom to the top, RST (right sides together), finish the edge, and press the edge upward toward the neckline. Topstitch.
- Repeat with back bodice.
- Resume following the Perfect Ten Knit Top pattern for the remainder of the construction - being certain to match the seams along the side!
* This method of construction still allows you to use the front bodice bow option included in the pattern.
So easy, right?! I hope you've enjoyed my latest pattern hack!! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to find me -- I'm always around!
Buy it: Little Lizard King Pattern Shop
*Don't forget about the Buy 4, Get the 5th Pattern FREE (equal or lesser value) deal!
Join us: LLK Cafe
Join the rest of the LLK Fans and show off your creations, ask questions, and hear about new releases!
Enter by March 1st for a chance to win!! Read LilyShine's Blog for more details!
I have so much love for the ladies behind Little Lizard King!
They definitely bring out my creative side!