{Project Run & Play} Project Night and Day: Sunny Daze Ahead


It's been a busy year of everything but sewing.  I'm happy I was able to take some time to get back to what's been my hobby for the last decade.   


Project Run & Play: Project Night and Day is an incredible 14 pattern collection plus embroidery and digital design offerings.  The variety of patterns is amazing and if you sew for both boys and girls, it has you covered for both.  



SOL SKIRT: As soon as I saw the Sol Skirt, I knew my youngest would be interested.  She loves to dress her best every day for school.  Skirts are her favorite.  

  • Her hip measurements put her in size 9 and although her height puts her at an 11, she prefers her skirts just about mid-thigh.  I sewed a straight size 9 and utilized the adjustable waist elastic for a custom fit.  After finishing, she asked for it a bit shorter, so I removed 1" from the hem.  
  • I used stretch denim so I probably could have sewed her an 8 for her preferred fit.  This, however, will allow her a little growing room (and not get dress coded in a month... haha)
  • I love all the details and the directions really walk you through it -- especially the fly portion.  I noticed after she was trying it on that the fly is actually flipped from what she is used to.  On the next one, I will flip those instructions so it zips on the right instead of the left.
  • This is a pattern that you should expect to take you a little while … if the details are important to you.  Go slowly and the result will surprise you!
LUNA JUMPER: This relaxed fit sweater with inset ruffles is perfectly on trend and girly.  I used a lightweight French Terry with ribbing accents.
  • I sewed her an 8w/11L blend.  The blend was super easy to do when printing just those two size layers.
  • The pattern provides alternate pieces for neckline, cuffs and hem band depending on the stretch of your fabric -- super helpful!
  • The ruffles can flip periodically when wearing (if you are using a thinner, flowy knit) so keep that in mind for non-dyed fabrics (or fabrics with a noticeable backside).
SUNSHINE SCRUNCHIE:  Who doesn't love an accessory?  I know my daughter lives for accessories.  She actually requested scrunchies for Christmas so I'm heading back to my stash because I can make a whole rainbow of colors!
  • I used a rainbow striped rayon so it's nice and flowy and will match ALL the outfits.  HA!
  • This sews up in about 5 minutes --- cut out a bunch and batch sew.
  • I found the elastic slightly long to be able to also wear on the wrist when not in use.  I'll shorten it on the next one to see how it affects the scrunch and while wearing.








 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature