{Project Run & Play} Pantone Party 2023 with Raspberry Creek Fabrics

 


Ain't no party like a Project Run & Play Pantone Party!   We're so excited to be back for another year of celebrating!  Prior to 2021, I never paid attention to the Color of the Year.  Now, we look forward to it and the girls and I are trying to guess next years... haha.    The Color of the Year for 2023 is Viva Magenta!  

According to the color vicars at the Pantone Color Institute, who every year bless a new “it” color, Viva Magenta is “an animated red that revels in pure joy, encouraging experimentation and self-expression without restraint. Viva Magenta welcomes anyone and everyone with the same verve for life and rebellious spirit.”



 All of my fabrics for this tour were generously donated by Raspberry Creek Fabrics.  We love RCF because they have so many beautiful designs and the girls love the large selection of fabric bases.  They much prefer some type of knit if they have their choice.  Finding these fabrics were super quick -- I typed in "Magenta" in the search bar and all the choices popped up.  Then I could add the ones I liked to my "Wishlist" so I could see all my favorites in one spot.  This way, I could ensure the fabrics I picked for each girl were cohesive.  


I was first drawn to this gorgeous Magenta Modal Spandex Jersey (that is sadly sold out) for my teen.  I knew this fabric would be super soft with a gorgeous drape.  She chose the Becky Skirt and the top of the Remini Romper for her patterns.  The Becky Skirt is a super fast circle skirt with elastic waistband.  It is technically meant for a more stable knit, but I'm really loving how it turned out.  



The Remini Romper-turned-top is so simple.  You take the top portion of the romper, sew it per the pattern and then add a band to the bottom slightly smaller in width.  I love the princess seams in this as it helps hug her curves for a perfect fit.




My youngest has fallen completely in love with workout clothes which are much needed for her new hobbies of cheer and tumbling.  When I saw this Geometric Mosaic Reddish Purple/Magenta in the Custom Design Library, I had to try it in Athletic!  This was my first time ordering from the custom library through the website.  I loved that I could select from different bases and choose my scale.  For this design, I used the smallest scale. For her patterns, we tried out the Rocky Shore Tights and used the top of the Viridian Suit to make a sports bra.



The Rocky Shore Tights were a new to us pattern and they are so cool!  I love the cross-over waistband option as well as the peek-a-boo leg details.



I added faux piping in the modal magenta to our pieced bottoms.  Here's a close up of the peek-a-boo side seam detailing.



Finally, I used the solid bikini top from the Viridian Swimsuit for a reversible sports bra.  The reverse side is the magenta modal.  Instead of adding the elastic, it's fully lined and all seams are hidden inside.  For the back, I chose the racerback option (my picture for this turned out blurry... so sorry!) which is perfect for sports.

Hope you had fun on our stop!  Head over to the Project Run & Play Blog for more Pantone Party inspiration! 


P.S. Technically speaking, this year's pantone is on the reddish side of magenta than what I've chosen, but I think close enough...

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature