{Riley Blake Designs} Beauty & the Beast by Jill Howarth for Riley Blake Designs



My oldest daughter is right at that age where she's transitioning away from things she has loved for years -- traditional "little girl" favorites.  She's not quite ready to let go, but her taste is a little more grown up.  She's always loved Beauty & the Beast growing up (I even made her a present day Belle-inspired outfit earlier this Spring) so I knew she'd love this new line from Riley Blake Designs.

Beauty & the Beast by Jill Howarth for Riley Blake Designs is the perfect balance of whimsy and charm.  The main prints of the collection depict the princess and the prince/beast, but the coordinates are a subtle nod to the details behind the story.  The color palette is light blue, pinks, cream and golds.


I was drawn to the Beauty & the Beast Floral Blue and Beauty & the Beast Fleur-de-lis Dark Pink as a coordinate.  I knew my daughter would love them too!  


When I started to work on the project, I asked which dress pattern I should use.  She immediately asked for Bali from Little Lizard King again.  It's such a sweet, summer dress.


I added a faux tie panel inset on the front bodice.  I nearly left it off, fearing it'd be a bit too young and theme-y for her to want to wear again.  But as I mentioned that I might leave it off, I could tell she was disappointed.    When I showed her the finished dress, she was so happy that I had added it after all.


I love how the Dark Pink Fleur-de-lis really compliments the roses on the skirt.  The rose fabric is my most favorite.  I love the color combination and the light blue background is always my favorite.


I gave my daughter a choice of 3 buttons for the back and she chose the cream rose shank button.  It's the perfect finish to the back!


I wanted to find a "magical" place to take photos and we don't have any castles nearby... HA!!  So, we went to a local garden and got lucky they had opened back up (they had closed during the stay-at-home orders).  We spent some time walking around, just the two of us, marveling at all the beauty that was surrounding us.  

The Beauty & the Beast Collection is now available
at your favorite local or online quilt shop!  


A special thank you to Jill Howarth and Riley Blake Designs for these gorgeous fabrics.  

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature