One Thimble Issue No. 25




It's been far too long since I've blogged about One Thimble!!  I absolutely had to make sure I sat down and took the time to share Issue 25.  The theme of this issue is "My Little Artist" and my girls and I had a lot of fun with this theme.  

One Thimble is an online PDF E-zine with new patterns, past issue pattern hacks (that you can apply to other similar patterns) and loads of inspirational articles.  This issue contains the following patterns:  Portret Top, On The Go Notebook, Graffiti Case and Portrait of the Artist Stencils.  It also contains hacks to: Big Day Out Jacket (Issue 17), Daisy Ray Dress (Issue 20) and #113 Romper (Issue 13).  Also included in the issue is a tutorial for a Pillowcase Skirt and loads of articles!

Grab your Early Bird copy here!!  $12 AUD (~ $8.40 USD)


The Portret Top by The Eli Monster is a sleeveless woven tank with collar and optional oversized statement bow.  


The pattern also includes details like curved hem, back yoke and bias-finished armscyes.


When I opened the pattern, I saw a line in the description "Perfect for sitting for photos!"   This line actually set the entire photoshoot into motion.  I knew my youngest daughter's larger-than-life personality would pair perfectly with the top.


The Daisy Ray Crop Top Hack is a super fun and easy hack (and written by me!!) When the  Daisy Ray Dress by Ainslee Fox Boutique Patterns first came out in Issue #20, I actually hacked it for my blog post.  When Lucy asked if I'd share it with everyone, I had to say yes!  My oldest loves crop tops.


The original pattern calls for a shirred back, but during my tutorial sew, I ran out of elastic thread with just 3 lines left to go.  Of course, every single store was out of it so I changed it to elastic casings.  The shirring method is much quicker in my opinion, but if it intimidates you, you can still sew up the top and add elastic!


We had quite the photo shoot right in the cul-de-sac.  Of course, the neighbors to the left of our photo spot were out trimming their tree during all of this.  My younger daughter told me "The neighbors must think you're so weird..."  HA!!!  They already know.   I've been shooting out here since we moved.  


My youngest was a little sad she didn't have a chance to paint so big sis gladly changed spots and wasn't upset about it at all!  I guess both of my girls have a larger-than-life personality.


This is the perfect tween summer outfit.  Crop top, shorts (Oceaan Shorts from Issue 22) and tennis shoes.


My oldest started "painting" my youngest and I couldn't help but take a few pictures for memories.
1 comment on "One Thimble Issue No. 25"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature