{Project Run & Play} Hack-stavaganza: Janie Dress & Banana Boat Tee



When I saw Project Run and Play was hosting a pattern hack blog series, I couldn't sign up fast enough.  I love to hack/mash patterns to make it into a different vision.   

After browsing several times through the Project Run and Play store, inspiration finally hit and I selected the Banana Boat Tee by Lil Luxe Collection and the Janie Dress by Mouse House Creations....

and then I made them into one dress!


Here's a peek at how the skirt is attached!  It's the Janie Dress underneath (I chose the gathered circle so I could use a woven fabric) and Banana Boat Tee on top -- connected at the neckline and armscye.

You can view the step-by-step tutorial for this pattern mash over at Project Run and Play


The Banana Boat Tee caught my eye with the added details like the cinched sides, folded cuffs and sleeve detailing.  I will definitely be making some tees for my girls because I love this pattern so much!


I chose the Janie Dress because Mouse House Creations was basically the catalyst for me buying myself a sewing machine and I love sewing her patterns.  I liked that it was a fitted dress too so it would be a pretty easy transformation.  I will add about an inch to the bodice next time I sew this mash so the waist line sits a little lower and allows the Banana Boat Tee topper to extend a little lower.


I have been dying to use this yellow polka dot French Terry from Sew So English that I picked out after I won Project Run and Play Season 23 and it perfectly matched the floral fabric I picked up on clearance last year from Hobby Lobby.  For the under-bodice, I used a white knit I found at Walmart that turned out to be a nice weight.


She really loves this dress and wore it again since photos which is honestly the true test, right?!  I'm going to have to make my younger daughter a version because she's very mad that this wasn't for her. HA!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature