{Riley Blake Designs} Bluebonnet Breeze by Shealeen Louise

 


Spring is in the air, finally!  Warmer temps, birds singing and budding flowers always make me happier.  


When I saw Bluebonnet Breeze by Shaeleen Louise for Riley Blake Designs, I knew my youngest daughter would love it!  This collection is inspired by the Texas State flower -- the Bluebonnet -- and also features birds and butterflies.  The collection comes in three colorways -- blue, white and black.  The graphics are incredibly detailed -- you'll feel like you're in Texas at Springtime.  


I have never been to Texas, but I really wish I could have taken pictures of this dress in a bluebonnet field.



I really loved the butterflies on the sky blue background because they looked like they were flying all around.  I asked my daughter for her favorite print, expecting to confirm my choice.  However, she saw the birds with the butterflies and she was sold.  Of course, it's her dress so that's what we chose.  We lined it with a tonal bluebonnet print. 



Shortly before I received the fabric, the pattern I was planning on using retired.  As I was looking through all my patterns, I decided to let my daughter make all the choices.  She chose Westport by Little Lizard King -- she loves the collar and the flutter sleeves.  It's also dress-code friendly which is important to her as she still loves to wear mama-made to school (5th grade now!).



The silhouette of Westport is the perfect Spring dress.  I love the subtle nod to a dress shirt on the bottom hem.  The quality of the fabric makes ironing up the narrow hem along the curves so easy.  

Visit your favorite quilt shop to buy your
yardage of Bluebonnet Breeze today!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature