{Riley Blake Designs} On The Wind by Jill Finley of Jillily Studio

 

Spring is sooooo close, I can almost taste it! This past week, trees have budded, flowers have bloomed and everything is turning a bright shade of green.  I absolutely love the transition periods to the next season.  Of course, I'm trying to keep up with replenishing my youngest daughter's wardrobe to keep up with the warming temperatures. 

Jill Finley of Jillily Studio has released a fun and whimsical line called "on the line" for Riley Blake Designs.  This collection contains playful prints with kites, airplanes and pinwheels as well as subtle floral prints with dandelions.  Several coordinating prints complete the collection.
 

The dandelion prints caught my eye.  They reminded me of the budding beauty of Spring. I chose the Sky colorway and selected two coordinating prints - Windy Blush and Geometric Clover.



As soon as I saw the fabrics, I knew I wanted to sew carmelo by little lizard king.  I love the tiered skirt, oversized pockets, feminine sweetheart neckline and the show-stopping scalloped back.  It always makes the sweetest Spring dress.


The back is my most favorite detail.  I love setting the scallops against a contrasting fabric to really help the scallops pop.  I preferred the higher contrast of the Geometric Clover so I used the Windy Blush as lining.  

The scallops take a bit more patience to keep them perfectly curved, but I love seeing them take shape.  I used my Riley Blake Quilter's Clapper along with the Riley Blake Misting Bottle to help set the seams here before topstitching.

The pattern has an the option for an exposed zipper dress (which I love too!) but I loved how these green buttons matched the green fabric.


My daughter loves the pockets -- she always checks for them in every dress I make.  I really like this style of pocket over the inseam style pockets. These pockets are much easier to get her hands in and they are nice and roomy to sneak fidgets in them.  HA!


I can't get over how sweet and dainty this dress turned out.  This dress may be in the running for an Easter dress.

Find your yardage of ON THE WIND at your favorite quilt shop!



P.S. Stop back tomorrow to see my project for Riley Blake's BLISSFUL BLOOMS 😉
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature