{Riley Blake Designs} Woodland Flannel by Ben Byrd

 


Flannel isn't normally a fabric I reach for, but sometimes it's fun to change things up a bit.  

Woodland Flannel by Ben Byrd for Riley Blake Designs is a cute new flannel collection inspired by the outdoors.  It comes in 3 colorways and features woodland animals, tree prints, leaf prints and coordinating mini plaid.





I couldn't pass up the Plaid in Mint.  The animals are super cute, but I knew I'd be sewing something other than pjs  -- I rarely sew up the same project back to back.



As soon as I saw the plaid in person, I knew it'd make a super cute jacket.  I turned to my favorite bomber jacket pattern - the Ollie Bomber by Sew a Little Seam.  As jacket weather is nearing an end here, I sized up for Fall (also because it's normally a knit pattern).  


This time I tried out the hood add-on and added a drawstring and grommets.  The flannel is super soft and was very easy to work with.  I found the plaid to be fairly easy to match up and cut evenly, but I did have to manipulate it slightly after washing/drying to keep the plaid straight with my pattern pieces.  I found it easiest to cut along the plaid for the straight edge of the bottom and then making sure the straight sides aligned evenly with plaid. 




I lined the jacket with a super cozy fleece.  Check out the color match with her favorite tennis shoes!! I definitely picked her favorite color!  (Also, peep the plaid line up across the zipper!)

Woodland Flannel should be hitting your favorite fabric shop at the end of the month! I'd love to hear what projects you have planned with it!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature