{Riley Blake Designs} Gingham Gardens by My Mind's Eye


 I love that feeling when you look at a new fabric collection and you immediately fall in love.  I was actually hooked with just the name "Gingham Gardens"  (I love gingham!), and confirmed my opinion after looking at the swatches.   


Gingham Gardens is designed by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake Designs and pairs gingham and floral (hence, the name).  The majority of the collection is soft shades of aqua, green, coral and gold.  While I'm normally drawn to the aqua colorway for my blue-eyed daughter, the charcoal colorway jumped off the screen for me.  I love the bold contrast and knew the perfect pattern to showcase it!



I chose Gingham Gardens Main Charcoal and Gingham Gardens Check Charcoal.  I love the gingham is on the bias!




I chose to sew the Iona Dress by Little Lizard King.  This pattern features a full skirt and gorgeous off the shoulder bodice with shoulder straps.  I couldn't wait to see how the gingham looked on the bodice and it did not disappoint! 




I love the contrast of gingham and a bold floral.  I chose the charcoal colorway for added drama against her fair skin and blonde hair.  I sewed up a quick Nara Bow (3" size here) by Little Lizard King for her hair -- she has soooo many coordinating bows because they take literal minutes to make!




Riley Blake Designs fabrics are always consistent in size across the whole fabric design.  This is especially important when you want to match the fabric pattern across the button placket.  If you have followed me for any amount of time, you know I can't NOT match this across the placket.  It's actually pretty easy -- here's a blog post for step-by-step directions so you can too!




It's hard to believe in 3 short weeks, my daughter turns 10!  She's not turned into full "tween" mode yet and still loves pretty dresses and bows in her hair.  She really loves this style dress and is smitten with how it turned out!




Gingham Gardens is now available!  Check your favorite fabric source to get your yardage today.  It's perfect for Spring!




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature