{Little Lizard King} Roseville Hand Embroidery

 


It always pays to dwell slowly on the beautiful things -- the more beautiful, the more slowly.  -- Atticus

In a world that seems to be rushing by, I had the best time taking my time to create this stunning hand embroidery to add to my daughter's dress.  I'm completely guilty of adding a million things to my to-do lists and I realize that this *is* technically one more thing added, but it forced me to sloooow down and appreciate the art that I was creating stitch by stitch. 



Roseville
by Little Lizard King is a collection of hand-embroidery patterns that includes both floral and heart versions.  With a variety of sizes included, this pattern can help you embellish the smallest of pieces (like a hairbow or collar) to pockets to full bodice sizes.   I chose the full bodice size to pair with the Amsterdam Dress.



I was drawn to the floral version  -- it's a combination of stitches including French knots, modified lazy daisy, satin stitch, lazy daisy, woven wheel and backstitch.  As I went in search of coordinating fabric, I found a couple of yards of this bright floral print I'd picked up on clearance a couple years ago.  I love how bright and cheery it is!   Luckily, I am always saving my fabrics for "just the right project".  (My husband may disagree on that...HA!)


The great thing about embroidery floss is the variety of colors and can tailor the choices to suit your fabric.  I recently picked up a whole little kit and I was able to find several "perfect" matches.  Then, I had fun deciding each flower color.  After seeing all the other creations with this embroidery pattern, I can tell you it looks fabulous in all sorts of different color combinations. Each one is stunning.


The pattern comes with a great tutorial that thoroughly explains each step as well as an embroidery stitch guide for the design you choose.  This helps you quickly know how many threads you need for that step and whether it's single fold or doubled in the needle.   I used it as a coloring guide too so I could remember my choices!  

Also, don't be intimidated if you're new to hand embroidery.  I can count on one hand how many I've done!  You can absolutely create a beautiful masterpiece with little to no experience!


I added the embroidery pattern from the newborn-3m collar to the one of the ends of the 3" Nara Bow and I'm so smitten with how cute it looks!!


Slow down. Enjoy the process. Admire the beauty around you. Stop and smell the roses. 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature