{Riley Blake Designs} Rayon Challis by Mimi G Style




Okay, I've said this before, but seriously, my 11 year old's wardrobe just keeps getting better and better! 

Mini dresses, billowy sleeves, animal print .... WE ARE HERE FOR IT!!!


Rayon is becoming one of my favorite fabrics because the drape is out of this world so when I saw Mimi G Style had a new collection of rayon releasing for Riley Blake Designs, I had to check it out.  This collection contains 12 amazing prints.  



The Ballerina Leopard is my absolute favorite!!  Of course, I left it up to my daughter, but luckily we're usually on the same page.  We both love animal prints and we love that the selection in this collection are totally unique!



Ever since I sewed up Jasmine (twice!) by Peony Patterns for her little sister, she's been asking where hers was.  I knew immediately the long sleeved version would look amazing with the drape of rayon.  As I was gathering the pattern pieces for her size, I wasn't sure I'd have enough with just 1.5 yds.  Luck was on my side as rayon is super wide at 57" wide!  I was left with literal scraps after I cut it all out.



I had to take a close up of the drape because I AM OBSESSED!!!  

Rayon can be finicky to cut out -- if you can avoid cutting on the fold (like for the skirts), it's easier to stay on the grain.  However, I have found that it's pretty forgiving.  I cut these skirts on the fold and when I opened them, I saw the fabric wasn't so straight on the grain.  I didn't have extra to cut out though so I sewed it up and once it was all gathered, you totally can't tell!  (I did have a moment of panic though...)

Hemming can be fairly easy with this little tip:  I like to run the raw hem through my serger.  This makes it easier to fold up a 1/4" hem twice and prevents the fabric from slipping so much while sewing the hem.



I never knew we'd need pink/black/gray leopard print, but Mimi G Style did and for that, we are grateful!!  I spy on the Riley Blake Designs website a coordinating designer knit with the gray and pink flipped.  EEK!!

This rayon and the rest of the collection has been released  -- run/message/hound your favorite fabric dealer/shop to order some of this amazing rayon!!!     




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature