{Project Run & Play} Project Lounge Library


One of my favorite parts of competing on Project Run & Play is that I'm now part of the PRP family and get to participate in fun things like new collections!  This is the second PRP Collection I've gotten to sew for and once again the patterns are SO great!  (I do wish my schedule had allowed me to try a few more patterns this time around, but...)  This collection's theme is LOUNGE LIBRARY and is all about cozy and comfort!

For the LOOKBOOK and the Project Tour, we each selected a book or author that resonated with either our collection or us.  As I looked through the line drawings, I started thinking about my favorite books as well as my daughters' favorites.  One of my most-read series growing up was The Baby-Sitters Club.  My daughters enjoy them now too, although they prefer the updated comic versions.  We also binge-watched The Babysitters Club show that came out on Netflix over the summer.  I have so many great memories reading these books as a kid!  I knew immediately we had to recreate at least bits of it.
 


The Story Top & Dress by E&E Patterns became my point of inspiration -- it totally reminded me of the edgy outfits that Claudia would wear.  The oversized slouchy sleeves are my favorite part!  This pattern comes in 3 lengths and covers sizes 2-12.   It's drafted for knits with 30% or more stretch and excellent recovery.  

I sewed it up in a Bamboo French Terry (I think -- Walmart mystery bolt) in a gorgeous wine color.


To finish off Claudia's look, we styled it with a Bookish Beanie by Audrey of  Project Run & Play in a bold floral and stripe double brush poly fabric, tall boots and added some eye makeup.  Oh, and that kangaroo pocket was perfect for Claudia to stash a Hershey's bar!!


Picture time with her "charge" ...   


Babysitting this baby is easy-peasy because she's all smiles in her Nini Noni Nightwear by Designs by Call Ajaire set (love that it starts at NB sizing) and Bookish Beanie (also has NB sizing).  Her tee is embellished with the "Limited Edition" SVG by SewSophieLynn, part of the Lounge Library Digital Collection.

I dug through my stash and found a pink cotton lycra for the majority of the pjs and used scrap white French Terry for the top.  I used a flocked yellow iron-on for the SVG for a little dimension.  For the Bookish Beanie, I cut one side from the striped rib knit I used for my youngest daughter and then found a coordinating yellow dotted French Terry from my PRP Hackstravaganza project.


The second character that immediately came to mind was Mary Anne -- she's very straight-laced and is considered to be more sheltered of the group because her dad is very overprotective (and very much wants to preserve his "little girl" after her mom passed away).  The Novella Pinafore by E&E Patterns is exactly something Mary Anne would be allowed to wear.  This pattern is for sizes 2-12 and comes in 3 views -- straight skirt, simple gathered and tiered.   The denim is from Walmart.


I wanted a simple long sleeved tee to pair with it so I turned to the Nini Noni Nightwear top and carefully cut the stripes for the pieced top so the result would like it was a solid top.   I found a 90s-inspired striped rib knit in pink, white and yellow from Walmart and it's unbelievably soft.

To complete Mary Ann's look, we styled it with double braids, knee socks and mary jane shoes.


This doll is actually my youngest daughter's reborn doll that she got for her 8th birthday.  Her name is Madison and she fits NB clothing.  I kept the baby's outfit a surprise until it was time for pictures and the reaction that her "baby" was included was pure joy!  So thankful some of the patterns went down to NB sizing.  


This project was SO fun -- not only did I find a new favorite pattern (Story, I'm looking at you!), but my girls and I had a great time collaborating together on all of the details.  If I'd had time, I would have also recreated the other two original members with pieces from the Lounge Library Collection.

Kristy -  George Hoodie and Joseph Joggers -- styled with tennis shoes, pony tail and a ball cap

Stacey - Alice Top (without ruffles) -- styled with skinny jeans, tan booties, and some jewelry.


2 comments on "{Project Run & Play} Project Lounge Library"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature