{Raspberry Creek Fabrics} Painted Leopard Rayon Challis

 


Remember my quest last week to push myself to try new fabric bases?  I'm checking off another box on my list!  Today, I'm sharing my adventures with Rayon Challis and why it's jumped high on my list of favorite fabric bases.  


This year I as chosen to be part of Raspberry Creek Fabrics {Blogging Team} and this is my first post of the year!  As I was "shopping" for my selection, I clicked over to woven apparel to see what was offered.  I was intrigued by stretch crepe and rayon challis.  I actually selected the stretch crepe but found out just after it shipped that it would be a retired print before my post was live and it just so happened the new club rayon and stretch crepe prints were loaded.   Lucky me!



The moment I saw the Black Brown and Cream Painted Leopard Print, I really didn't need to look any further.  I knew my tween would flip out for it.  In fact, I nearly interrupted her online class to show her.  She immediately knew she had to have it!!



To showcase this show-stopping fabric, she chose one of her new favorite patterns -- Marigold by Peony Patterns.  She loves the sweetheart neckline, unique puffy sleeves, fully functional front button placket and most of all, the mini length!  It's a babydoll style cut and flowy fabrics drape so beautifully from the bodice.



Rayon is one of those fabrics that I kind of built up in my mind as being way too fiddly to deal with. In reality, I knew nothing about it.  It's a man-made fabric made of natural fibers and is super lightweight.  It's has amazing drape.  It turns out, I was scared for nothing.  It sewed up easily and even cutting was no where near as hard I imagined.   I made sure to use a nice sharp needle and also turned my iron down a bit.  When I finished the dress, I just couldn't stop staring at it!  The print may be one of my most favorite prints ever.



Pretty sure my tween thinks she's one of the coolest around.  She's never lacked confidence, but it's just oozing from her in this painted leopard print.  What prints are your favorite?  Click here to check them out!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature