{Riley Blake Designs} Woven Wool by Stacy West


I've made it an unspoken goal this year to branch out in my fabric selections.  When I had the opportunity to sew up the new Woven Wool by Stacy West for Riley Blake Designs, I jumped on the chance!  This wool is pre-felted and ready to use.  This collection is full of 15 gorgeous solid colors and 10 prints.



I honestly had a hard time narrowing down my choice.  In the end, I chose the Woven Wool Dot Black.
When it arrived, my daughters were arguing over it so I guess I chose well!  I had visions of a fitted jacket to pair with a cream sweater and skinny jeans.  However, my daughter had another vision....


My younger daughter told me she wanted a longer coat so I had her browse my patterns and she lit up when she saw the School Days Jacket by Oliver + S.  I had picked this pattern as part of my prize from winning Project Run & Play (Season 23) so I was excited to try it out finally.  


I was actually a bit nervous to tackle this project, especially since I was using a new pattern and a new fabric base.  As I started sewing though, my fears were immediately eased.  The wool was so easy to work with!! I also love that it doesn't need prewashed!  You can immediately start cutting and sewing.



I lined the jacket in a cozy black fleece so it will carry her through our NC winters.  She's already told me she can't wait to wear it once it cools down here.  



Her smile says it all!!  While it wasn't my original plan with this fabric, I am glad I included my daughter in the design process.  She loves it and I finally got a chance to try out a new jacket pattern.  The wool is perfect for jackets, purses and more.  Reach out to your favorite quilt shop or online fabric store and pick your favorite colors!

What color will you sew first?   I'm thinking about trying the grape color next -- it's gorgeous!!
 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature