{Riley Blake Designs} Glohaven by Lila Tueller

 


My favorite fabric designer is back with another showstopping collection and it made me smile the whole time I was sewing it up.  Who can resist these gorgeous peaches on a stunning blue background?


Glohaven by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake Designs was inspired by a single peach tree in her yard and features an array of beautiful watercolor floral and peach designs.  The colorways include blue, red, yellow and white backgrounds with pops of peach, orange and greens.




The moment I saw the peaches, I knew it had to be my selection.  I envisioned a twirly, girly creation for my fruit-obsessed youngest daughter.  Thankfully, she's not allergic to the pictures of peaches!  (A couple years ago, she became allergic to all tree fruits and she loved them ALL so it's been an adjustment.)



I chose to sew Poppy by Peony Patterns because I was dying to try out that tiered skirt.  I also wanted to add the bodice flutters while my daughter would let me!  It turned out just as girly as I'd hoped. 


I love the bold contrast of the colors.  The peaches just pop off the blue -- makes me imagine that I'm lying under a peach tree and seeing the peaches against the blue summer sky. It definitely brings out the blue in her eyes too!!


Soaking in the last few weeks of summer weather.   Fall is around the corner and while temps won't cool down immediately, the days will get shorter and our lives will get busier with school.  Hopefully she'll get a few chances to wear this in the next month!  This fabric is so gorgeous and vibrant!


I knew she'd have to test out how twirly it is and trust me, this twirl is tamed down for my blog...lol  I was hoping the pettiskirt would add a buffer in lieu of the playground shorts that always go missing when we need them, but that pettiskirt joined in the fun.  HA!!  


Glohaven is now available so check your favorite local quilt shop or online retailer so you can sew some of this beautiful collection!!

3 comments on "{Riley Blake Designs} Glohaven by Lila Tueller"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature