Glam Girl by Dani Mogstad for Riley Blake Designs


Ooh la la...

    There are certain fabric collections that the moment I look at them, I know exactly which daughter needs it in her life.  When I first saw Glam Girl by Dani Mogstad for Riley Blake Designs, I knew my oldest would be in love!  This stylish collection is full of fashion, flowers and stunning plaid and comes in 3 colorways - black, white and mint.  Pops of pink and rose gold sparkle add some extra fanciness.


Immediately my eyes were drawn to that the black plaid peeking out from the stack above.  I also loved the florals.  It was a super hard decision and my original plan was thwarted by my procraftination.  Then I had a tentative plan B, but even that evolved once I started creating.  I really love the end result, but more importantly, so does my daughter!

I ended up choosing the Glam Girl Floral White Sparkle, Glam Girl Words Pink Sparkle, and the Glam Girl Panel Mint Sparkle

Glam Girl Panel Mint Sparkle -- photo from Riley Blake Designs


My original plan was to create both a dress and a coat (using the Glam Girls Plaid Black Sparkle as the outer layer and the Words Pink Sparkle lining) but.... I didn't (a story for another day).  HA!!

As I looked at the quilt panel that I impulsively requested (which by the way, I don't quilt...lol), I knew I wanted to incorporate at least one of the quotes somewhere on my dress.  I turned to the Siena Dress by Little Lizard King which features a center panel (which was just the right size!).  I omitted all of the optional ruffles as I wanted the dress to be as sleek as possible.

I chose the "Love your fabulous self" block because it's such an important message for all ages to be reminded of, but especially for these tween years as she inches closer to middle school.


 I added side seam pockets because my daughters are obsessed with them and they are so easy to add!! 


Every "Glam Girl" needs the perfect accessory and right now, the words "mini backpack" are thrown around my house daily (and every time we go to the store).  I knew the Glam Girls Words Pink would look amazing sewn up as a mini backpack.  I started with the Animazing Messenger Bag by Little Lizard King and used the free Animazing Backpack Add-on and added a few of my own touches.

The rose gold sparkle on the light pink completely has my heart!!  I kind of want to keep this backpack for myself 😂 Oh, and don't worry about the sparkle needing special ironing instructions -- I ironed using my normal heat settings!


I added a little handle at the top just because and side ties to help keep it cinched at the top.  I also used a magnetic snap to keep the flap in place in lieu of a button with loop.  Inside, I added a smaller pocket than the pattern called for using the quilt block (from the panel) "Happiest girls are the prettiest girls."  However, it was hard to photograph it inside once the backpack was all put together (whoops!).


This fabric is released and currently available!!!  Check your favorite online retailer and local quilt stores.  I've got to find some of that black plaid so I can make that jacket I was dreaming of!!  Thank you Riley Blake Designs for this gorgeous package of fabric!!

I will be framing some of the remaining quilt blocks to hang in my daughter's Paris-inspired room.  I may make a couple of small pillows too for her bed.  What's your favorite tiny panel pattern?

♥ ♥ ♥ Have a fabulous day! ♥ ♥ ♥

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature