{Rose Lane} by Flamingo Toes for Riley Blake Designs


Sometimes you just need to take a quick break from sewing this season's fabric and play for a moment! 

Meet Rose Lane by Beverly McCullough of Flamingo Toes for Riley Blake Designs!  This collection is full of bright and cheery colors and is purr-fect for kitty cat lovers!  It features 3 colorways (mint, pink, white) and includes a large quilt panel.


My youngest daughter loves all creatures and animals, but especially kitty cats.  Unfortunately she's allergic (as is the rest of my family) so she was very excited to see these fabrics arrive.  I chose the Rose Lane Main Mint as my starting point and added Rose Lane Cat Floral Mint and Rose Lane Tiny Bouquet Mint as coordinates (although I do have a bit of regret that I didn't choose coordinates these in pink).  I was also drawn to the Rose Lane Cat Panel (but I don't quilt...lol) so I figured inspiration would just come to me.


These fabrics are so pretty in person and a little bit dainty so  I wanted to pick a pattern to showcase the sweetness of the designs.  I also wanted it suitable for warmer weather.  I decided on Malibu by Little Lizard King.  


The back features a bow (or a tie) and is perfect for adding in a pop of color.  Luckily I had some yellow stripes leftover from this post and it was just what the back of the dress needed!


I was able to talk her into these pretty flutters and it really softens the look.  Look how pretty this fabric ruffles!


I decided to hem the dress with yellow bias tape to continue my little pops of yellow throughout.


After I looked at the Rose Lane Cat Panel, this kitty inspired me.  I really wanted to keep the block intact rather that use a partial kitty on a bodice so I cut along the outline and decided I'd turn it into a little bag.  I didn't follow any pattern and kind of just made it up as I went along...


I used the Rose Lane Tiny Bouquet Mint for the backside, sides and straps and used another quilt block for a pocket.  I added in the yellow stripes as faux piping at the top of the pocket.  I lined it with the the Rose Lane Cat Floral Mint.


 She is so super excited about this outfit!!  Although she can't wear the dress to school, she cannot wait to bring her new bag tomorrow!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature