{Riley Blake Designs} Bliss by My Mind's Eye

I am so excited to share one of Riley Blake Designs' newest fabric collections!  Bliss, designed by My Mind's Eye, is such a stunning collection with just the right amount of rose gold sparkle!  The color palette is blush pink, mint, and black.  This collection is a perfect mixture of floral, stripes, dots and honeycomb prints.

Photo Credit: Riley Blake Designs
Isn't it so dreamy?  Normally, I try to sew for just one on my daughters, but I just couldn't resist picking out fabrics for both.  I especially loved that I could pick out fabrics from one collection that suited each daughter but result in two totally different looks. For my oldest daughter, I chose Bliss Roses Black Sparkle and Bliss Honeycomb Black Sparkle.  She loves everything black and pink!  For my youngest daughter, I went with a softer palette and chose Bliss Main Mint Sparkle and accented it with Bliss Honeycomb Blush Sparkle.


While I picked the fabrics this time, I let the girls pick which dress I'd sew for them.  As we looked through pictures, the Lexington Dress by Little Lizard King caught my daughter's eye.  It is such a sweet and dainty pattern, it definitely suited the fabric selection.  I opted to add the faux sash which is a great place to use coordinating fabrics.


I love the back detailing and used the accent fabric as the tie to make the sweet honeycomb bow pop against the main floral print.


She's all ready for Spring ... we just need the Spring weather to arrive. HA!


My oldest chose one of her favorite patterns, the Sorrento by Little Lizard King.  Although I've sewn her a few, she didn't have a circle skirt version like her sister!  Thankfully she's so tiny for her age because I was *just* able to squeeze out the skirt on the 44" wide fabric.  It's a smidge shorter than the intended size 7 length.   (Please note: It normally doesn't sit so low on the top.  I noticed after pictures that I must have cut the straps a tad long... :facepalm:  I guess I'll have a date with the seam ripper to remedy it.)


We chose to contrast the bodice with the Honeycomb in Black. 


I made bias tape out of the remainder and used it to hem the circle skirt!


Of course, this dress was chosen for the twirl factor -- and it passed with flying colors!  Some pictures were promptly deleted because it twirls a *little* too well...lol


I'm also happy to report that you can iron this fabric just as you would any other cotton!  I was worried that the sparkle may require different instructions, but I had my iron as hot as it'd go with the steam just as high.


Thank you Riley Blake Designs for these gorgeous fabrics!! The smiles say it all 💗
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature