{Riley Blake Designs} Glamp Camp by My Mind's Eye


 Summer is upon us and we can't wait to spend time outdoors -- although our favorite spots are the pool or shopping.  My girls are headed on a camping trip this summer with my sister.  I hope they survive the camping life.  HA!   My girls are more of the "glamping" type so tent camping should be really interesting for all parties involved.  


When I saw My Mind's Eye was releasing a collection called, Glamp Camp, I was intrigued.  It is such a cute collection and the main prints feature cute retro campers.  It's color palette is fun -- pink, raspberry, aqua, pebble and cream.  

My eye was drawn to the Glamp Camp Simple Trees Pink and I knew my youngest would love it.  She's recently been promoted to the "tween" status and has declared her new love of baby pink.  The simple print seemed perfect for her.


I chose a simple sundress because 1) she loves to wear dresses still and 2) I wanted to save some of the yardage for an accessory.  Augusta by Little Lizard King is cute, fast and only takes about a yard for her size (roughly...) I thought the scoop neckline was best for this print.


The elastic back option will help it last all summer long.  The spaghetti straps are perfect for our hot weather!


The rest of the fabric was used for my latest pattern - Passport to Paradise Mini Backpack.  I designed this for Project Run and Play's latest designer collaboration -- Project Jet Set.  My girls love carrying mini backpacks when we go out (and are usually begging me to buy them another).  Now I can just sew them up a matching one!


It's perfectly sized inside to be able to carry their essentials without fitting too much stuff to become too heavy.  I interfaced all of the fabric to help stiffen it up to help hold its shape.  The inside is finished with bias binding.


I'm not sure she's ready for a regular camping trip... what do you think?   You think she'll survive?  HA!
Glamp Camp releases this month!!  Order your yardage from your favorite fabric store.







Quizwiz
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature