{Riley Blake Designs} Flower Garden by Echo Park Paper Co.

It's hard to believe we're already in April and Easter is just around the corner.  Every year,  I love to make a special outfit for church.  I've sewn several new dresses over the past couple months that "were in the running" for Easter morning, until I received this fabric in the mail.  All I had to do was figure out a dress that encapsulated the beauty of the fabric.


Flower Garden by Echo Park Paper Co for Riley Blake Designs is a gorgeous fabric collection of stunning floral prints with traditional gingham and dot coordinates.  The color palette is perfect for Spring!  



I absolutely adore floral prints so one of the main floral prints was a must.  I chose the cream colorway.  I couldn't pass up the coral plaid/gingham and then added the blue dots for a pop of contrast.    


Every once in a while, I let the fabric speak to me... I'm never disappointed in what it tells me.  The dress is two patterns mashed together because I really loved the top of one and the bottom of another.  Grabbing a skirt from another pattern is super easy since they are gathered.  Just make sure to double check the skirt length you need in case the bodice is taller/shorter on the second pattern.    Here I've used the Freesia bodice and belt and the tiered skirt from Poppy, both from Peony Patterns.


I added the Tulip hand-embroidery also from Peony Patterns on the bodice and I am so in love!!  One of the options was a bicycle full of fresh cut flowers that was perfect to compliment the fabric.  My daughter, however, was slightly disappointed there wasn't also a bunny riding the bicycle... HA!  She still loves it though and saw the many hours I put into it.  


Riley Blake Designs' fabric is always a dream to work with!  I know I can always line up my prints because it's always on grain.  The colors are vibrant and never run.  It's so good!


The reason I almost always choose a tiered skirt.  The dress must twirl!!  I love the fullness the bottom tier gives to the silhouette of the dress.  Freesia comes with a great double circle skirt for maximum twirl, but I need extra wide fabric to be able to fit her size for the skirts.  For now, she's happy with this solution!


I recently got labels with my blog logo on it made to add to her dresses.  She loves showing her friends and makes her feel like she's got a boutique dress.  These labels are from Jennifer's Jewels Labels and it was super easy to order.


Flower Garden has just been released!  Be sure to check with your favorite quilt shop to purchase your yardage.  Make room on your shelf because you'll want it all!!




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature