{Riley Blake Designs} Notting Hill by Amy Smart

 


I love large floral prints, plaids, gingham and polka dots so when I saw Notting Hill by Amy Smart releasing for Riley Blake Designs, I was in love!  This collection is inspired by Notting Hill of London and is completely gorgeous!  



I was drawn to SO many gorgeous prints, it was really hard to narrow down my choices.  Some of my favorites were the royal blue polka dot, the red/blue plaid and of course the main floral prints.  In the end, I chose the Notting Hill Main Songbird and the Notting Hill Diamonds Raspberry to coordinate.



I always have a basic idea of what I might sew, but sometimes I need to see the fabric in person to solidify my plans.  When I saw the gorgeous English roses on the main print, they reminded me of the Briar Embroidery pattern by Peony Patterns.  While I stitched that out on white, I decided I'd sew up the Poppy Pattern by Peony Patterns.  It's sweet and feminine and totally perfect for these gorgeous fabrics.


Before I could get it all cut out, Natasha (of Peony Patterns) added a Pocket Pattern and I couldn't turn down the chance to give my daughter "snack holes".  (Better be a mess-free snack with this fabric!).  Plus, when someone compliments her dress, she can now say "Thanks, it has pockets!" Hehehe.

I also tried the double-sided ruffle on the Peony Patterns website so the Notting Hill Diamonds would peek out of the bottom of the ruffle too instead of a hem.


Riley Blake cottons always sew up so nicely.  I know the dresses I sew will also last though all the washes.  I've sewn these fabrics for years and even by the time they've been handed down, they still look brand new.  


Notting Hill releases this month -- check with your favorite quilt shop to order your yardage!!  It really is a sweet line and will be so pretty for Spring/Easter.


We had a somewhat warm-ish day the other day and we rushed out to take advantage and shoot outdoors.  In my haste, I failed to really look at the details of the photos until later.  Somehow, one of the ruffles was laying super funny in nearly every picture.  I nearly cried.  The photos were so pretty in the light.  I grabbed the two that turned out and had my daughter reshoot (unfortunately it was gray and cold then).  Here's to warmer days ahead!
1 comment on "{Riley Blake Designs} Notting Hill by Amy Smart"
  1. Kari - this dress is stunning! I love use of the floral print in such a twirly skirt and the hand embroidery detail is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature