I Dream in Color for Riley Blake Designs




I'm pretty sure I just sewed my daughter's dream outfit. Rainbow may very well be her favorite color.

When I saw the chance to sew up Riley Blake's newest collection featuring Crayola -- I Dream in Color -- I jumped at the chance!   This collection comes in a variety of prints in 3 colorways -- white, light blue and black.


I sort of selfishly wanted to sew something for my preschool room, but I knew that my youngest would also adore the collection so I asked her for her favorites.  Without a moment of hesitation, she picked the Rainbows on Black.  I also added in the Polka Dots in Black for accents.


I love a good toss print because they just scream circle skirt to me!  My girls love anything that twirls so I turned to our favorite pattern company and selected Lenox by Little Lizard King (again...lol).  Because it comes in a mini length, they think it's a tween-style dress.


 I only modified the pattern a teensy bit this time because I was inspired by Natasha from LLK to add the Carpi tie to the neckline.  It was a great way to incorporate my dot accent.


See those sweet mini ruffle sleeves?!  This is my first time sewing them and it's pure love.  Despite not liking ruffles, my daughter also fell in love too and now wants them on EVERYTHING!!  This fabric makes it so super easy to get nice gathers.


She could literally twirl all day long.  I also love circle skirts because adding a pop of color at the hem is my favorite little surprise.


Her dress inspired her to a spur-of-the-moment drawing sesh so I grabbed some random papers and crayons from my car.  Had I been prepared, I'd have printed out the Lenox Coloring Page available at Little Lizard King for her to color... I hate when I miss key opportunities.


She had fun drawing her own little LOL! Dolls though.  I love seeing her imagination pop through in her drawings!  She can't wait to wear this dress to school -- she is anxiously counting down the days.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature