{Testing} Malibu Top and Dress by Little Lizard King


Hey there Summer.... how you doin?

I think I have been dreaming of Summer ever since well.... the first day of Fall last year. HAHA!  I am a sucker for warm weather and luckily in NC, it comes fairly early.  It also means our wardrobe needs to be heat-friendly.

Enter the Malibu Top and Dress by Little Lizard King.  It features a sweetheart neckline, straps with optional flutters and an open back finished with either a knot or a bow.  Choose from top length or dress as well.  It covers sizes 12m - 14y!  This pattern is part of the Cali Collection which includes the Laguna Swimsuit and Santa Cruz Ball.   (Hint: Check back Sunday for my thoughts on Laguna!)


When I told my girls the name of the new pattern I was testing, they squealed. "Like the Barbie?!!"  Haha!!  Thus, inspiration struck and I fished out my Michael Miller fashion girls and found mix and match coordinates in my stash.


As I was gathering coordinates, I found my leftover denim from her Monster Mash Pinny (One Thimble | Issue 19) and thought it would look fabulous as shorts for the Malibu Top version.  My 7 year old quickly claimed these fabrics for her outfit but was very specific on which pattern I was to sew for the shorts.  She chose the Beaufort Shorts, sans ruffles.


These shorts are SO quick!!!


Of course, I had to add my own detailing so I made bias from my leftover denim, but sewed it on so the wrong side faced out.  Then I did the same with the waist.  I adore the contrast it gives!


I used the larger MM print on the dress and of course added in the optional pockets at the seams.  The bodice is a great way to add in a coordinate or take care of some of your scraps.




These girls are feeling FAB in their new threads.  Grab your copy today!!!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature