Candy Castle Patterns Sew-A-Long: Step 2

I'm back!   Since I picked out my fabric on the first day of the Sew-A-Long, it was tough waiting the next two days (although I usually take forever to decide so I normally appreciate the longer window).

Today, I got to cut out my fabrics and I'm even more in love!!!   I'm such a visual person so even though, I set the fabrics in the order I would see them on the dress, there's nothing like seeing the actual pieces cut laid out like a real dress.   I mean, seriously --- <3

For my brown-eyed brunette 4 year old!

As you can see, I decided to go ahead and make both of my daughter's dresses.   It's not going to be that much extra work and this way, they'll both be done with plenty of time to spare --  AND -- what would be cuter than a sisters photo shoot!?

For my 2 year old: My blue-eyed blondie!

Like I said in my first post,  I chose the Candy Castle Princess Dress pattern, but I am going for a more classic silhouette so I am skipping the top skirt.  I also decided to use the sash from the Peppermint Swirl Dress since it's slightly narrower and I love the sash top-stitched onto the dress along the bottom of it.

If you haven't decided if you'd like to join in, there's still time (click HERE to go to the Candy Castle Patterns Group where all the fun happens)!   Tomorrow, we'll be making a muslin to check the fit (I'll be skipping this portion as I've made each girl both a Candy Castle Princess as well as each a Peppermint Swirl so I'm confident on the fit).

I'll be back on at the beginning of next week with my bodices sewn up!


Happy sewing!!






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature