Simple Goodness by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake Designs



Eeek!  I'm showing off the cutest fabrics today!!

Simple Goodness by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake Designs is a throwback to simpler times.  It's full of bright and cheery colors and is making me wish it were summer already!!

Photo Credit: Riley Blake Designs

As soon as I saw the fabric selection, I noted a few things: 1) I need the main print in the aqua colorway for my little blue-eyed blondie 2) I have the perfect dress pattern for this and 3) There's no way I can narrow down the coordinates so I'm going to create a fabric bunting to show several off!  Read below to see how to create it for free!



To showcase the main print, I turned to my favorite summer dress ever - Amsterdam by Little Lizard King.  It's incredibly quick to sew, and is always a perfect fit for my daughters.  I love the unique back.  I was originally planning to use the Simple Goodness Bias Stripes Pink for the bodice, but when I opened my fabrics, the Simple Goodness Checker Dots Red just made all of the pictures on the main print pop.  I cut the straps from Simple Goodness Mini Flowers Aqua.


  1. Download the FREE pattern by clicking the button below.  Save it to your computer and then open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  Print it out at 100% scaling.  Verify that the 1" square is accurate.
  2. Cut 24 triangles (12 main, 12 lining).
  3. Cut (2) 2"x 44" (LxW) strips of fabric.  Sew 2 short ends together to create 1 long strip.  Fold the short ends in 1/4" inch.  Fold in half so the long edges meet. Press. Open the fabric back up and bring each long edge to the middle crease you just created.  Iron well.  Fold it back to the original crease.  Press.  It should now be 1/2" x 87" and should resemble double fold bias tape.  (You may also use double fold bias tape.)
  4. Take your triangle pairs and sew them right sides together along the two diagonal sides with a 1/4" seam allowance, leaving the top edge unsewn.  Trim seam allowance in half, turn right side out.  Be sure to take care when poking out the bottom point.  Press well.  Topstitch along the sewn edges, 1/8" from the edge.  (Tip: To avoid the bottom tip getting stuck in your feed dogs when pivoting, topstitch down to the corner from one side.  Backstitch at the corner and clip your threads.  Turn your triangle over and repeat with the other edge, starting at the top.)
  5. Starting about 1/2" from the center, sandwich the top of the bunting triangles in the fabric strip. Secure with pins.  Working towards one end, place each triangle about 1" away.  Once you place your first 6, work from the center again towards the other end to place the remaining ones.
  6. Sew the fabric strip along the edge, 1/8", securing each bunting triangle.
  7. Tie the ends into a bow, if desired.

My daughter fell in love with all the little scenes on her dress.  She thought she was the little blonde girl, feeding the chickens.  If only I could have borrowed some chickens for the photo shoot...lol  (oh, and some green on the trees!)

Thank you Tasha Noel and Riley Blake Fabrics for the adorable fabrics!  We are putting the bunting back up on Monday for this little lady's 8th birthday!!

                                                                                                                          
                            

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature