{Riley Blake Designs} Imagine by Kristy Lea of Quiet Play

 

I know I just shared a Christmas dress a couple weeks ago, but summer is in full-swing here and it was time for my youngest to get a new dress.  She still loves getting a "little fancy" even to just run errands so I'm going to indulge it while I can.


Imagine by Kristy Lea of Quiet Play is a collection that is perfect for my daughter.  Rainbow is quite possibly her favorite color and she loves dragonflies.   The entire line covers the entire color spectrum.



I let my daughter pick her favorite print and she chose the Imagine Dragonfly Flight Yellow
and I chose the coordinating Imagine Hexie Sprinkle Green.


I had a vision for this fabric and set out to make it come to life.  I chose the Sarria Dress by Little Lizard King because I love the little side cutouts with the micro ruffles.  I decided this time that I would add the micro ruffle options between the layers.  While I love the outcome, it was a lot of work gathering all those ruffles.  If I had to do it all over again, I think  I'd add a gathered circle skirt to make the dragonflies appear to be flying all over.


I'm usually a buttonhole and button kind of girl, but I had the perfect color Kam snaps and it did make finishing the bodice quicker.

In the past, I always sew exactly to my daughter's measurements so the dresses are custom fit.  Sometimes, however, depending on the patterns' ease, she outgrows them quicker than she or I'd like.  This summer, she is hitting her growth spurt and seems to be growing quicker than normal.  This time, I decided instead of cutting between the sizes (where she measured), I would size to the next size up and the result is slightly too big.  I know in about a month or so, it'll fit perfectly, but I'm a little mad that I strayed from my normal practice.



Luckily it's not too noticeable, and it still twirls.  We really love these colorful dragonflies!

You can find Imagine at your local quilt shop!




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature