{Riley Blake Designs} Adel in Spring by Sandy Gervais


I know Fall is in full swing around the northern hemisphere, but warm seasons are my favorite so any excuse to sew for that and I'm in!  (It also helps that in NC, we occasionally get blessed with a warm spell for a few days even in November -- it was 70 the day we shot these!)

Sandy Gervais has designed a gorgeous new Spring line for Riley Blake Designs, called Adel in Spring.  It's soft palette and delicate floral designs as well as a variety of coordinates have me dreaming of Spring already!
 



So many gorgeous prints, but you know I can never resist an aqua/mint colorway so I chose Adel in Spring Main Julep  along with Adel in Spring Lace Stripe Blush which I ended up using as lining and tie/bow accents.  Please note the lace designs run parallel with the selvage (I didn't think about it and only ordered a half yard which was too short to fit my flutter pieces how I wanted the lace to run.)


I knew this fabric needed a sweet silhouette so when I saw Little Lizard King releasing Iluka today, I knew it was meant to be.  Iluka has options for sleeves, neckline and skirt so it's really easy to mix and match the options for a custom dress.  We chose the sweetheart neckline with tie, flutter sleeves and simple skirt.


Sweetheart necklines are always a favorite.  It's so feminine and frames her neckline perfectly.  The tie is the cherry on top.


She can never resist a twirl!  I really love the scooped back too!  The floral design really pops against the aqua background.



My daughter's closet is filled with Riley Blake Designs creations.  I love how well the fabric washes, irons and sews up.  My daughter loves that the wovens are soft and comfortable.  I also appreciate minimal shrinkage and the colors never run.  The quality is always top notch!

Check your local quilt shop or favorite online fabric store for Adel in Spring -- which colorway is your favorite?


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature