{Riley Blake Designs} Tea with Bea by Katherine Lenius

 


Spring has finally sprung here in NC and there's no better way to celebrate than with a new Spring dress!  Tea with Bea by Katherine Lenius for Riley Blake Designs is just right for the occasion.  It's a gorgeous new collection of Spring florals, cute tea cups, bumblebees and fun coordinates.  The color palette is full of coordinating shades that I really don't think you can go wrong with pairing them up!



I honestly had a really hard time narrowing down my choices this time.  I really wanted them ALL... hehe.  (Now I need to find the tea cups because I'm kicking myself for not choosing those!).  Knowing I'd be sewing it up with Spring in mind, I chose one of the main floral printss: Tea with Bea Main Off White and then a coordinate Tea with Bea Diamond Sky which is one of my favorite colors.



I had an entirely different plan in mind until I got hit with pneumonia and then it was too late to start my original plan (that's what I get for not starting right away!).  Lucky for me, Mackinac Island by Little Lizard King came out just as I was about to enter panic mode.    Of course, I had to get the go ahead from my daughter. HA!!  Thankfully, she absolutely loved the pattern!  This pattern has lots of options.  We chose the sleeveless, scoop back, ruffled skirt options.


While I decided how to use the coordinate, I decided to use it just as an accent.  I really love dresses that are primarily one print with just a pop of the other.  I used the Diamonds for the back bow here, pocket lining and for the bow in her hair.



We are so excited about the temperatures warming up around here.  Add in the lush greenery and fresh air and there's no way you can't smile.  I always add the ruffles to the skirts because all that gathering is worth watching her twirl to her heart's content!


 I couldn't help but add the extra large pockets! Every dress needs pockets, right?


She looks like a walking garden!  This collection releases this month so definitely make sure you are connecting with your favorite fabric shop to purchase Tea with Bea!  

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature