Hampton Garden by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake Designs

Having sewn for Riley Blake Designs as a blogging contributor for a few years now, there are several fabric designers that I love to sew again and again.  Just by seeing their name, I know it'll be a collection I'll fall in love with.  Lila Tueller is on my list of favorite fabric designers.

Her new collection, called Hampton Garden is simply stunning.  This is a colorful and vibrant palette that is perfect for Spring, but rich enough in color to work in the Fall as well.  The large watercolor floral prints are my absolute favorite and the ability to mix and match amongst the colorways makes countless fabric combinations.  I couldn't even narrow down my selection to just a couple so I chose 5!


The main print I chose was the Hampton Garden Main in Mint.  I love the gorgeous, oversized watercolor florals and the mint background is one of my favorite colors to sew.  To compliment it, I chose Hampton Garden Floral in Teal, Hampton Garden Damask in Purple, Hampton Garden Cathedral in Pink and Hampton Garden Pixie Stix in White.


I knew the main floral print would be perfect in the Little Luxe Collection Sonora Dress.  My daughter LOVES the extra full skirt and I wanted to sew another one before she got too tall for the 6x length and couldn't fit the skirt on 44" wide fabric anymore. HA!


The skirt is two FULL circle skirts sewn together for a double the twirl experience.  If you look at the hem, you can see the Pixie Stix on White as my hem bias.  It's my favorite way to finish circle skirts. Not only does it look professional, it's a great way to add in a coordinating print.


I love a fancy back on a dress and this is one of the few that she prefers the back flutters on.  She also prefers to wear the straps criss-cross, but can be worn with a more open back too for those extra hot days.


I used the remaining prints on a coordinating purse because I cannot stop sewing the Pinky Promise Bag by Little Moo Designs.  I've made so many but realized I had yet to try the piping detail on the seams.  I made bias tape from the pink cathedral print to use as faux piping.  (I didn't have any piping cord to add in!) and I'm loving how the print looks like stripes.  The main body is in the teal floral.  I used the purple damask print for the handles.  Then inside, I lined with the remaining cathedral pink print.


This collection is simply a must-have!  I've got to check my local fabric shop and see if they have any because I definitely need more!!  What is your favorite colorway of the collection?

3 comments on "Hampton Garden by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake Designs"
  1. Absolutely gorgeous!
    I just love that print, it is perfect for such a twirly dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I wish you sold dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature