{Mabel Madison Monday} -- Happy Birthday, Mabel Madison!


Woo-hoo!!!  I'm kicking off a new series on my blog today, called {Mabel Madison Monday} and there's no better way to start than with a birthday celebration, am I right?!   Happy 1st Birthday, Mabel Madison!  (Read all the way to the end to find out about the birthday celebration!)

This new series will run every other Monday on my blog and will feature things I've sewn using fabric available at Mabel Madison.   If you're like me at all, I love to see fabrics sewn up so I can see how they look actually in a garment.  This gives me a feel for size of the fabric pattern as well as coordinates available.  I hope it's helpful to you!


Today's featured fabric is "Table Flowers" in Rainbow by Art Gallery Fabrics from their Happy Home collection.  Yes, you read that right -- Mabel Madison is now carrying AGF knits!   AGF knits are dreamy to work with -- the weight is perfect and is comparable to the Euro knits that they (Mabel Madison) have carried for the past year.   This fabric is an ultra-soft jersey with great stretch recovery (95% cotton/5% Lycra).


As soon as I opened my package from Mabel Madison, I knew immediately which pattern I'd use to show off this gorgeous knit.  "Paisley" by Simple Life Pattern Co. has been in my pattern library from its day of release, yet I had never taken the time to sew it up!

I chose the tunic length for my slim girls. I knew I wanted to pair this with Ring of Ruffle Capris by Lilygiggle. I fussy cut the front bodice to showcase the largest bouquet of flowers.   The "skirt" portion is a circle skirt and I really like the drape it has.


Of course, the back is best part of this pattern (and I'm really hoping it passes dress code for my 6 year old...lol).  "Table Flowers" made sewing this pattern super easy to sew up and I love how it turned out!

Now, I'm sure you are wondering about the BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION* for Mabel Madison!!!

Mabel Madison Birthday Giveaway
*There's no purchase necessary to win, but support for the sponsors (and Mabel Madison) is always appreciated :)




2 comments on "{Mabel Madison Monday} -- Happy Birthday, Mabel Madison!"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature