Perfect Pattern Parcel #5 - Mimi Top

Pattern Parcel #5: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win!

Hi there!! I am happy to be a part of the Perfect Pattern Parcel #5: Girls and Tweens Edition.  This is my first time on tour with the PPP and it's been a great experience.  I love that the profits are headed to help classrooms in need - every little bit counts in shaping the future of tomorrow.

Parcel #5: Girls and Tweens includes: 

Lily Knit Blazer by Peek-a-Boo Patterns
Everyday Yoga Pant for Girls by Greenstyle
Asymmetrical Drape Top by EYMM
Playhouse Dress by Fishstick Designs
Mimi Dress and Shirt by Filles a Maman

BONUS PATTERN: Sunki Dress by Figgy’s

Bonus Pattern:
Choose a price of $28 or greater for Parcel #5 and you will automatically also be sent the Bonus Pattern! The Bonus Pattern for this Parcel is the Sunki Dress by Figgy's. Fun pockets, a stylish silhouette, plus make it in knit or woven. Double bonus! The pattern includes both size runs, so you get 18 months through a 16 tween sizing. This is awesome sauce!

How Pattern Parcel Works:
Here at Perfect Pattern Parcel, we believe in supporting independent pattern designers. It’s our opinion that indie patterns are just, well, better than big box patterns, and we’re pretty sure our customers think so too. So, we allow customers to show their support in naming their own price for each Parcel.  We also encourage customers to allocate part of their Parcel price to the charity Donorschoose.org in order to help classrooms in need. Pattern Parcel donates all profits after expenses from Parcel sales to the charity as well. Together we've raised over $11,000 for classrooms in need!


Pattern Parcel #5: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win


When I first opened my email, I noticed that every single pattern was new to me - which made it hard to choose which one I'd sew first. In the end, I went with the Mimi Dress and Shirt by Filles a Maman -- which was the perfect shirt to pair with her skirt for school pictures tomorrow!



The Mimi pattern comes in sizes 12m - girls 14 (chest sizes: 19.5" - 31.5").  This is a pattern designed for knit fabrics. You can choose to make a dress or top!  Some of the unique details include keyhole notch at the neckline and the curved hem.  Facings make finishing the seams a breeze.


My 3 year old's chest measures 19" so I trusted the included sizing chart and made her the size 12-18m.  I knew I pairing it with a skirt so I didn't mind if it ended up being a bit snug, but as you can see, it's perfectly comfortable.  I decided to use the size 12-18m sleeves as well because I wanted them to be more like 3/4-length sleeves.  I could probably hem them up a bit higher to get a true 3/4-length sleeve.

Shown here with the Peek-a-Boo Skirt by Little Lizard King
Fabric is from Stitch Box Monthly

I tucked the Mimi Top in here to show the versatility.  I like the curved hem, but I like that it looks great tucked in as well! 


Since this pattern's hems are finished with facings, you don't need to worry about having your neckbands at the proper length or whether or not you've selected a lycra blend material.  The pattern has you topstitch the facing, as shown in the picture above.  I intentionally left the stitching off of the front (although I will try it on my next version) as well as the bottom hem.  Instead, I tacked those facings down at the side seams only.


The cool thing about this pattern is that it comes in both French and English instructions - which can be a mini French lesson if you desire.  The tutorial and pictures are extremely easy to follow and the pattern is printable in layers -- I love that more and more designers are offering this option!   The only part that I found to be tricky is understitching around the keyhole cutout.

My only regret is not having more time to try the rest of these patterns!  The Lily Knit Blazer was next on my "to-do wish list", but I simply ran out of time.

Click the button below ..... PRETTY PLEASE?!
Pattern Parcel #5: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win


Want to see more patterns in action?  There are many fellow bloggers eager to share - click on their links below.
Parcel #5 Inspiration Tour Schedule:
Friday, September 19 Pienkel || Cookin' and Craftin'

Saturday, September 20 Sew Busy Lizzy || The Life Of A Compulsive Crafter

Sunday, September 21 Keep Calm and Carrion || Felt With Love Designs

Monday, September 22 Radiant Home Studio || Sewing Sober

Tuesday, September 23 Sew Fishsticks || La Pantigana || Amanda Rose

Wednesday,September 24 Shawnta Sews || Sprouting JubeJube || Knot Sew Normal

Thursday, September 25 Make It Perfect || Mimi's Mom || Climbing the Willow

Friday, September 26 Needle and Ted || Our Family Four

Saturday, September 27 Froo & Boo

Sunday, September 28 Stitches by Laura || Vicky Myers creations

Monday, September 29 Cookin' and Craftin' || The Crazy Tailor

Tuesday, September 30 mama says sew || FABulous Home Sewn || The Inspired Wren

Wednesday, October 1 lady and the gents || That's-Sew-Kari || Sewing Sober

Thursday,October 2 Gracious Threads || Blogs Like A Mother || SewsNBows

Friday, October 3 sew chibi || Lulu & Celeste || Made by Sara
Thanks Perfect Pattern Parcel for letting me join in the fun!!
2 comments on "Perfect Pattern Parcel #5 - Mimi Top"
  1. Kari! Your little girls is so damn cute! That Mimi is the perfect color for her eyes. I bet her school photos come out great.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature