{Little Lizard King} Napoli & Sorrento


I have died and gone to fashionista heaven.

As I enter my 6th year of sewing, I could not have imagined at the beginning that one day, I'd be sewing such trendy, fashionable pieces.  As my girls creep towards the tween years, my sewing style evolves right along side their changing fashion styles.  Gone are the ruffles and flutters and in their places are sleek lines and slim silhouettes.

Little Lizard King has created an Italian-inspired collection that captures exactly that.  Meet Napoli and Sorrento. These patterns are drafted for sizes 12m - girls 14.

*Warning: This post contains an obscene amount of pictures.*


Napoli is a babydoll style button-down top or dress with short, 3/4 or long sleeves.  You have your choice of a soft v-neckline or rounded.


The sleeves are sewn with French seams too so you can roll up the cuffs if you fancy.


I used a lightweight woven found in the clearance section of Walmart's fabric section.  I honestly don't even know what the exact material it is.  HA!  It was 50-cents per yard and it leapt into my cart.


Here's a closer view of the neckline and bodice length.  The babydoll bodice ends just under the top button.  The front placket is lined with buttons.  Luckily my Singer Quantum Stylist sews buttonholes like a boss!  (Pssst.... you can also use snaps if making buttonholes causes you to want to harm your machine.)



Sorrento is a feminine v-neck dress with an elastic waist.  Your choice of skirt includes circle, gathered or maxi.  The pattern also contains an optional hem ruffle.  I made a simple gathered skirt.


Sorrento also features a pull on style -- no closures!


If you're thinking the fabric looks familiar, you are absolutely right!  I bought both the navy and white colorway of this fabric.


The elastic is threaded through a casing at the waist so the inside is just as need as the outside!


In case you are wondering how to style it as you head into Fall, a jean jacket is a great accessory.  Of course the Tacoma Cardigan by Little Lizard King is also a great choice 😉


While driving to our photo location, I told my girls I wanted them to pretend they were fashionistas shopping in Italy.  As soon as I said Italy, my oldest squealed.... she thought I was really taking them to Italy. LOL


Each girl picked their own style of dress which perfectly suit their personalities.  Although after seeing my oldest's sewn up, my youngest didn't realize how much she'd love it!  Now I owe her a Sorrento ... HA!


The back of Sorrento gets me every time!!  Swoon!!


No shopping trip is complete without a few selfies!!  Bonus -- this picture has been recreated by the talented Elise and turned into a coloring sheet!  How cool is that?!  My girls couldn't believe it when I handed the coloring sheets to them with THEIR picture on it!  Find it here (FREE)!


Friends don't let friends miss out on new releases... pick up the phone and call them so they don't miss out!


Happy sewing 💗

Napoli & Sorrento BUNDLE

Napoli

Sorrento

Color Me Napoli & Sorrento Coloring Sheet



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature