BundleUP - Women's Edition: Hip Hop Tank by Love Notions

Hip Hop Tank by Love Notions


"I said a hip hop,
Hippie to the hippie,
The hip, hip a hop,
and you don't stop, a rock it"
-- Rapper's Delight by Sugarhill Gang

Yay!!!  It's time to Bundle UP with Pattern Revolution -- and this time, it's just for the us!!  Buy 6 or buy them all (or anywhere in between).  Build a better bundle so you can build a better wardrobe!

Today, I'm taking a look at the Hip Hop Tank by Love Notions.


This top has so many options, you can fill your closet with several and not repeat the choices!  I had fallen in love with this Navy Blue Hibiscus Knit from Girl Charlee that I knew I had to turn into the Hip Hop Tank.  I opted for View A (solid tank) and I used the narrower cut shoulders and also used the straight hem.  I'll be honest, I think I am the only person who hasn't jumped on the hi-lo craze and I'm sure I'm missing out....LOL

The four views include a basic tank, tulip back, button placket back, and color blocked back. Instructions to lengthen & shorten included as well as the option to do a straight hem.


Photo courtesy of Love Notions

All styles feature a fitted bodice that gently flares out toward the hem.  The pattern covers sizes: XS - XXL (chest sizes 32" - 47").  



There are two options on how to sew your binding.  I chose to sew it on using the binding method most commonly used when sewing on ribbing.  The alternative method is reverse binding and I think I will give that a go next time around.  




I'm really happy with this pattern by Love Notions.  Not only does it offer many different style choices, it is thoroughly written and has "techie" features such as clickable navigation to aid in finding your way through the pattern.  It also has the pattern pieces in layers.  I think every designer should learn how to do this because it allows you to print just your size or print them all nested (if you need to blend sizes).  I super duper love this feature!!


What did I pair with this comfortable tank?  The Taylor Shorts, of course  -- also available in the bundle :)   Stay tuned for my review on these!


before time runs out.... tick tock.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature