Sew Classic by Ola Jane Patterns


Yes, it is July and yes, I've started sewing for Fall!

BUT, when you find the perfect yellow shoes, you don't waste time building a wardrobe around them, am I right? (Did I mention they were only $5.99?!  #bargainshopper)

Shortly after scoring these awesome kicks, I was lucky enough to meet the designer behind Ola Jane and spend the morning fabric shopping [at Mary Jo's Cloth Store]!  I was keeping my eye out for some new fall fabrics that would match the shoes when we both spotted this gorgeous butterfly print from Quilting Treasures and matching geometric coordinate in maize.   (Just to make sure the yellows were the same, I quickly ran to my car and retrieved said shoes from hiding -- in my trunk -- and they were a perfect match).

To recap, we had the shoes and we had the fabric; now we just needed the pattern.  As we were mentally running through the Ola Jane patterns, I realized that I've only done a short-sleeved version of Sew Classic -- the newest release for Ola Jane Patterns.  I knew I needed to sew the 3/4-sleeved version (long sleeves also included in this pattern).   And it's everything I imagined <3


Sew Classic by Ola Jane is an A-line peasant-style dress with a cinched empire waist and 3 sleeve lengths and includes sizes 6m to 14 girls.  This PDF is a full pattern with nested pattern pieces (split into two sizing groups) with thorough instructions, including professional finishes -- French seams and a blind hem.  Of course, for a faster finish, you can always use a serged seam and traditional hem, but I love when patterns push you to sew your very best!  The pattern also includes two free embellishment patterns -- "Sew Big" bow and "Ribbon Flower" -- to customize your dress.


The empire waist casing looks great in a coordinating fabric or you can use a matching ribbon trim.  The casing is repeated on both the 3/4 sleeve -- above the elbow -- and long sleeve -- at the wrist.


As I was sewing this dress, it hit me that I hadn't tried the letters and numbers on my new machine.  I took a scrap of the coordinating casing fabric and made this custom sizing tag -- adorable, right?!

























In case you missed my original short-sleeved version, here are a couple pictures:































Looking for more inspiration? Sew Classic is featured on Pattern Revolution -- HERE


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature