Perfectly Playful in the Everyday Playdress by Love Notions



  It's not everyday that I have the opportunity to try a brand-new designer.  I recently came across a new designer, Love Notions (creator/owner of Dunk-N-Fluff) on Facebook.  She was getting ready to send her first pattern out for testing - a cute, versatile, all-knit playdress - named the Everyday Playdress.  Unfortunately, the testing timeline didn't mesh with my schedule.   That is, until the designer contacted me.  Luckily, I had some time to spare and got to jump in at the end of the testing round.



  Now, I won't lie -- I get nervous opening the PDF of a new (or even new-to-me designer) for the first time.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!  



I quickly checked for a size guide and found the finished measurements listed. I chose to make the size 2 for my slim 3 yr old.  The pattern went together very easily -- at just 8 pages, there's not much taping involved. The skirt portion & binding measurements can be found in the cutting chart.



I think I spent more time going through my stash and figuring out which dress I wanted to make than I actually did sewing it!  The skirt is added in a way that is completely new to me, but I kind of like it!!  I think it made construction just a bit faster too.  Each panel (front and back) is gathered separately and sewn to the front and back bodice, respectively.  Then, the sides are sewn up from the edge of the arm down to the bottom hem.  Genius!



 I, originally, wanted to use my embroidery machine to applique something to the front bodice, but I didn't quite have the correct stabilizer and also, couldn't make up my mind.  Thus, a removable belt with applique design was born.  I'll be making a few more belts to mix things up a bit!


The neckline binding length is perfect!  I was able to get a nice, flat neck.  I actually upcycled an old summer dress for the neck binding. It's 93% cotton 7 % Lycra -- great recovery on it.

This pattern also contains a cross-over front bodice as well as a long-sleeve option.

Bottom line:  I enjoyed this pattern!  It went together very easily. I love the added touch of the clickable table of contents (which runs down the margin of each page too!) for easy navigation on my tablet.  It's a really comfortable dress which is perfect for my daughter to wear out and about, even to the playground.... once the weather cooperates, of course!


You can find the pattern on both Etsy and Craftsy.  Stay up-to-date on what's coming next in the Love Notions Pattern Group on Facebook!  I've seen the next pattern and it's SUPER cute!!


* I was not compensated in any way in exchange for this review.  I was given a complimentary copy of the pattern in exchange for testing.  All words, thoughts, and views are my own.
4 comments on "Perfectly Playful in the Everyday Playdress by Love Notions"
  1. Thank you for the sweet review Kari! Glad to hear you like it. :) It was a pleasure working with you and I hope to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute. It looks like it is a really nice fit and I love the shape of the neckline. and adore the belt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia!! Sometimes it's hard to find a knit pattern with a nice neckline. These measurements are spot on!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature