Well, hello! I've been busy behind the scenes trying out some of the patterns from the Bundle UP brought to you by Pattern Revolution and 11 talented designers. 11 brand-new patterns -- you choose what goes in your bundle -- the more you buy, the more you save :)
Today, I tried out the Jocole Wide Leg Pants -- wide leg pants with an easy, pull-on knit waist. You can keep them comfy in knit or make them stylish in your favorite woven. Since the doll size is included, I decided I'd whip them up for Hallie, my 5 year old's Our Generation doll. Aren't they adorbs?!
- Sizes NB - girls 14 plus 18" doll
- 3 length options: shorts, capris, pants
- 3 waist options: Skinny, Regular or Fold-Over
- 2 pocket options: Inseam or Patch
- Pattern Pages: up to 18 pages to print, dependent on size, length and optional pockets, nested in B&W ink
- Tutorial: Step-by-step with easy to understand line drawings
- Charts included: Yardage, Sizing/Finished Measurements, Waistband Cutting Measurements. Perfect Fit Guide, and Glossary of Sewing Terms
Construction of the pants is super quick. If you leave off the pockets, you could sew them in minutes. I love the way Jodi has you sew the pants together too! It's my favorite way to sew pants and not end up with wonky crotch.
I had a small remnant of this adorable pin-dot lightweight denim (sold at Hobby Lobby) that I knew would make an adorable pair of doll jeans. I included the inseam pockets too! For the waist, I used a hot pink knit lycra blend from Purple Seamstress. For added detail, I used white ric rac at the hem and topstitched in hot pink.
These are just too cute for words! I think I may have to pop back to Hobby Lobby and see if they have more of this fabric so my girls can have a matching pair!
Go and get your bundle on -- build your girls (and dolls) a better wardrobe!! Don't delay, the deal ends Feb. 2nd.
Here's a list of all 11 designers participating:
Links to my reviews on Pattern Revolution: